Skip to content

August 20, 2018

Sims Mortgage Funding

When Is An Independent Living Facility Not One?

The “donut hole” in HUD’s coverage of the senior housing and healthcare continuum is for unlicensed, rental independent living (IL). HUD insures mortgage loans for skilled nursing and assisted living under the Section 232 program, but they limit the inclusion of unlicensed IL units in these projects to no more than 25% of the total.